Editor's note this story was updated at 15.00 HK Time on Monday August 12 to include details of Coach's apology.
Following Versace, Coach has become the latest brand threatened with boycotts by Chinese internet users over the listing of certain regions as separate countries.
On Monday, users of the Chinese social media platform Weibo found that Coach had featured Hong Kong and Taiwan on a t-shirt made in May...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events