The recent problematic shirt design that landed Versace at the center of heated debate on Chinese social media is pinpointing the gravity of political and social ignorance.
Despite a swift official apology, the damage was already done. Millions of users joined in persecuting the brand, while its newly appointed China brand ambassador, Yang Mi, cut ties. The anger did not stop there, as Chinese netizens quickly accused other brands like Coach and Givenchy of anti-China...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events