Versace, Coach and Givenchy have all come under fire this week for selling t-shirts that appear to undermine China's territorial claimsjust months after similar high-profile blunders from fellow luxury brands, Dolce Gabbana and Burberry.
Indeed, the shirtswhich listed Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan as separate territories, violating the country’s One China’ policyhave sparked such outrage in China that many brand ambassadors have cut ties with the companies in question.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events