In recent days, luxury brands including Coach, Versace, Givenchy and Swarovski, as well as footwear brand Asics, have faced backlash from Chinese internet users due to t-shirts and website maps that have listed Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan as separate countries.
The fallout is undeniable Celebrity brand ambassadors cutting ties with brands. Recalled products. Social-media apologies. And a reputation dent that will endure for who knows how long.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events