Pocari Sweat companies in China moved to distance themselves from their embattled Hong Kong sister company, which has become embroiled in the ongoing Hong Kong extradition law protests.
The move is designed to appease their angry mainland consumers, who have taken umbrage with Pocari Sweat Hong Kong’s decision to pull advertising from local broadcaster TVB for its allegedly biased coverage of the protests.
Pocari Sweat Tianjin and Guangdong released a joint statement...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events