The chair of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Rod Sims, gave a speech yesterday August 13 in which he stated his confidence that Australia could take measures to control multinational companies, which includes ensuring that tech firms like Google and Facebook have to obey its laws.
“Australia can, if necessary, act alone. Facebook and Google are clearly subject to our laws. They either comply or do not do business in Australia, said Sims....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events