Facebook and Google can expect the Australian government to begin taking a more active interest in their activities when it comes to mergers and acquisitions, the ranking and placement of advertising, the publication of news and the handling of consumer privacy.
That's based on a preliminary report issued this morning by the ACCC Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. The report is the product of an inquiry process that began in December last year ...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events