The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission ACCC has slammed Google and Facebook’s dominance as digital platforms and called on the government to make serious policy changes tackling digital advertising, consumer privacy and potential future anti-competitive practices by the duopoly.
The ACCC today dropped the long-awaited final report from its inquiry into digital platforms, which began in December 2017. It contains 23 recommendations for the government to consider, many of which take aim at Google and...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events