The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has launched an official inquiry into the likes of Google and Facebook to see whether digital platforms are having an adverse effect on competition in the media and advertising industries.
Specifically naming the duopoly in its announcement, the ACCC said it is looking into “whether platforms are exercising market power in commercial dealings to the detriment of consumers, media content creators and advertisers”. The scope includes search engines, social-media...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events