Barefaced, with bowl haircuts This is the new look of feminism in South Korea. As part of the Escape the Corset’ movement, women have been destroying their makeup products and cutting their hair short to protest the “embellishment labour”extended hair and make-up routinesthat they are expected to take part in every day.
In South Korea, beauty and makeup are not skin-deep, but rooted in patriarchal systems that pressure women to maintain unrealistic beauty...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events