Last week, the brand pulled an ad for Baby Dove that was widely criticised for seeming to validate the views of people opposed to breastfeeding in public. In May, Dove was ridiculed on social media for a range of bottles designed to represent women’s body shapes. Moreover, print ads in January that mocked Donald Trump by featuring alternative facts were attacked for not fitting with the brand’s identity, despite winning praise for their humour.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events