The company's mishandling of the situationfirst denying any relationship with the embattled supplier at the centre of the controversy before being forced to admit oneangered many customers in Hong Kong. Many vented their frustration via social media. For example, the photo below, which supposedly shows a box from the supplier's Hebei base in a Hong Kong outlet, has been circulated widely. Normally crowded restaurants were visibly quieter over the weekend, according to reports....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events