Global fast food chains McDonald’s and KFC find themselves caught once again in a serious PR crisis after a local meat supplier, Shanghai Husi Food Co, was accused of supplying rotting meat to the fast-food chains.
Given previous incidents regarding food-safety in China, gaining back trust will prove difficult.
The confidence of the Chinese public in food safety has been so shaken to its core, consumers have lost count how many...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events