Love it or loathe it, Pokemon Go has put augmented reality AR firmly back into public consciousness. While the phenomenon may not ultimately benefit Pokemon stakeholder Nintendo, it could be a serious boon to Blippar, a visual search platform that is pinning its hopes on Japan for Asian expansion.
Founded in the UK in 2011, Blippar has been in Japan since 2014. Its Asian presence also includes India and Singapore, where it launched around...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events