Pokemon Go's developer, Niantic, has confirmed that it will feature sponsored locations, as brands and retailers try and cash in on the game's growing popularity.
The mobile game is currently free to play, but its booming popularity in its launch markets has raised questions of how Niantic plans to monetize the app.
CEO John Hanke told the New York Times that sponsored locations would feature in the game in...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events