The Pokemon Go app launched in Japan on Friday, having already become a phenomenon in 35 countries and doubling Nintendo’s value to more than US$39 billion, overtaking Sony, according to Bloomberg.
Bloomberg reported that upon launching in Japan, shares increased by nearly 7 percent. Having struggled for a prolonged period, things do suddenly look much better for Nintendo. At the same time, the company apparently suggested to Bloomberg that longer-term financial impact from...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events