In this new video, Douglas White, director, public face, for Hong Kong's bid to host the 2020 Gay Games, explains to Campaign how cultural divisions in Asia can be a hurdle for PR firms working on projects with a multinational scope.
In his role preparing Hong Kong's bid, White has had to navigate massively contrasting mindsets relating to LGBT rights across the region. As he explains, unlike the other contenders Washington DC and Guadalajara,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events