Vans has removed a shoe design by a Canada-based artist that supported Hong Kong’s pro-democracy movement from its annual Custom Culture shoe contest.
The design, submitted by an artist called Naomiso’, had received the highest number of votes in the sneaker brand’s annual customisation competition when it was pulled on Saturday 5 October, according to Business of Fashion, which first reported the news.
Naomiso’s design featured a red bauhinia flower,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events