There is significant angst in the digital advertising market about the walled garden players dominating media buys and restricting access to audience data.
However, I believe the primary question that marketers should be asking is this Do I own my customer relationship, or am I just renting an audience
If you own your customer relationship you should be able to put customer data in a file on your ad-server....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events