In an open letter this month, Beijing-based Luckin Coffee accused Starbucks of using exclusive contracts with property owners to prevent other coffee shops from being present at the same sites, as well as pressuring industry suppliers to stop doing business with Luckin. The startup threatened Starbucks with an unfair-competition lawsuit.
The salvo is the latest in a 'David vs Goliath' PR narrative from Luckin since its soft opening five months ago. In this...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events