“The whole scam issue is one that has agitated me for some years,” says Hegarty. “I think it’s a terrible indictment of our industry. I think it’s a terrible indictment of the region. Because you’re not solving real problems, you’re pretending to solve problems.”
Hegarty also likens scam work to taking drugs and warns that creatives become fixated with it rather than applying their energy to developing breakthrough work for clients.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events