On 29 October, the NCC levied a fine of NT$1.6 million US$48,000 against Formosa Television FTV and NT$840,000 against Chinese Television System CTS.
FTV’s infractions occurred in popular soap operas. In its hit show Love’, the male lead was shown sitting inside his car, where he spent a full three minutes discussing the merits of its onboard TV. In another drama, Nyangjya’, the lead actor waxed lyrical over the virtues...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events