Sir Martin Sorrell has suggested that the potential break-up value of WPP is a key reason for him keeping hold of approximately US$210 million worth of the ad group’s shares.
Appearing on business news channel CNBC last week, Sorrell was asked by anchorman Steve Sedgwick directly whether he thought WPP had outlived its purpose and indirectly why he chose to remain a shareholder. Sorrell is WPP’s largest individual shareholder with a 1.4% stake....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events