SINGAPORE - The possibility of Singapore dropping the Formula One night race from its annual calendar has been raised amidst ongoing negotiations to extend the race’s tenure when its five-year deal expires in 2017.
Chief executive of the Formula One Group Bernie Ecclestone raised the prospect in an interview with German magazine Auto Motor Und Sport published on 20 November.
Ecclestone said that the F1 Singapore Grand Prix may not continue beyond...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events