Despite slowing GDP growth, China's spending on FMCG grew by 4.9% through the first three quarters of 2019, with sales of imported FMCG products growing twice that fast, according to Bain Company and Kantar Worldpanel’s annual China Shopper report, titled 'Despite slowing GDP Growth, China consumers keep spending'.
Online sales of imported FMCG products are particularly hot
In premium categories, imports have a higher value...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events