Cannes Lions is not always in touch with the outside world, but this year it seemed to capture one societal trend very well the desire to scale back.
To begin with, the festival itself appears vulnerable. The shorter format introduced in 2018 continued, but awards entries also fell by 4% despite the introduction of new categories. In parallel, former chairman Terry Savage urged people to be more discerning about the awards shows they...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events