A recent surge in campaigns around female empowerment and achievement, especially from developing markets in Asia, appear to signal changes in how marketers are thinking about men and women, whom they have treated so differently for centuries.
But does this new wave mean we can sprinkle 'hashtag equality' over advertising in this region Not quite.
Fundamental truths about physiology and neurology continue to play a legitimate, evolving, role in marketing ...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events