With Tokyo 2020 now just a year away, Campaign asked the man who orchestrated Tokyo’s winning bid for the Games, Nick Varley, for his views on the brand, sponsor challenges, and what the event will ultimately do for Japan.
A former journalist, Varley has worked in the sports sector for 25 years. He no longer manages bids for sporting events, a process he says has become obsolete. Last year, after dissolving the bid specialist...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events