Controversy is never far away from the Olympics. This week saw the resignation of Tsunekazu Takeda, head of the Japanese Olympic Committee JOC in the wake of corruption allegations linked to the Tokyo 2020 bid.
Takeda still denies the allegations, which suggest that a bribe was made in order to secure hosting rights. But his decision to step down follows reports that Thomas Bach, president of the International Olympic Committee, declined an invitation to attend...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events