Datamonitor's Business Insights study predicts that charges for advertising on social networks will have risen steeply by 2015, as the leading players attempt to avoid a similar fate to Bebo.
The report predicts social networks will make only US$6.35 per user per year, forcing them to rethink how they can make a profit.
It also suggested that marketers should look beyond social networks' user numbers and focus on the proportion that...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events