Birth rates across Asia-Pacific may be dropping, but it is not that couples do not want to be parents. They just don’t want regular children.
This is evident in how they have turned their doting tendencies to something no less adorable and dependent than babies pets.
Gina Westbrook, director of strategy briefings at Euromonitor International calls this “pet humanisation”. While the majority of pet owners treat their furballs as family members,...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events