People are burning their own Nike shoes in their backyards and cutting the Nike swooshes off of their own socks while calling for a boycott. At the other extreme, people are praising Nike for its incredible bravery in taking a strong stand on a white-hot controversy. At issue The brand's decision to feature Colin Kaepernick, a former NFL quarterback, in a 'Just do it' campaign.
I'm an American, an American-football fan, and someone who has...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events