Unlike many Western countries, where exercising is inherent in people’s everyday lives, women in Japan are just starting to appreciate and enjoy staying in shape. Celebrities and models, who are known for setting the beauty standard in Japan, are now regularly posting gym selfies on Instagram, with hashtags like 鬼トレ oni-tore, intense devil training and 筋トレ女子kin-tore-jyoshi, muscle training girls. These phenomena illustrate not only how beauty standards in Japan are changing, but also how...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events