Toughening its stance on alcohol distribution and consumption, Indonesiaa Muslim majority nationhas cracked down upon the sale of beverages with an alcohol content ranging from 1 per cent to 5 per cent in minimarts and neighborhood convenience stores.
Beer and pre-mixed alcoholic drinks that primarily fall into this category will only be available at large supermarkets and hypermarkets. The ban does not extend to hotels, bars and restaurants.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events