China will displace the US as the world's top retail market in 2019, surpassing the US market by more than US$100 billion, according to eMarketer’s latest worldwide retail and e-commerce forecast.
Despite a slowing economy, total retail sales in China will grow 7.5% to reach $5.636 trillion, while US retail sales will grow 3.3% to reach $5.529 trillion. China’s growth rate will exceed that of the US through 2022, according to the...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events