Rupert Hogg, the CEO of Cathay Pacific, sent a message to staff today Monday August 12 warning staff that they would face disciplinary consequences if they took part in pro-democracy demonstrations in Hong Kong. “These consequences could be serious and may include termination of employment,” he wrote.
His warning comes after a weekend of turbulence for the airline. The Civil Aviation Administration of China CAAC, China's aviation regulator, has said that Hong Kong's...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events