In the age of live streaming, everyone can be a celebrityinternet celebrity, that is, or wang hong, as the social media stars are known in China.
As Wang Fan, the social media director of Carat China puts it, internet celebritydom thrives because of the audience. “The prerequisite of being a wang hong is knowing what your audience likes, and feed them with the content that reflects your personal style,” says Wang. The successful ones...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events