According to Lau, Tencent's experience with the 2008 Beijing Olympics showed that such mega-sporting events are not just for sports fans, but instead are an intrusive social event that appeal to all viewers.
Lau says that with the time difference between London and China, the internet will be the most influential media for Chinese consumers, adding that he cannot imagine the Olympics without Tencent.
For advertisers, he points out that one...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events