Warc has awarded 2019 campaigns with the best strategic ideas that have driven business results in its 9th annual Asian Strategy awards.
While no single entry met the standard to award a Grand Prix, the jury handed out 23 awards including four golds, six silvers, eight bronzes, as well as five special awards honouring specific areas of excellence.
India led with six winning campaigns, followed by China with four. Pakistan and Singapore picked up two awards each, while Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Taiwan each took one award home.
DDB Mudra Group's won gold for 'Project Free Period' for feminine care brand Stayfree. The agency created a provocative social initiative in India to create real change in the lives of marginalised women working in the sex trade, providing them education. Indian agencies also bagged another silver and four bronze.
BBDO Pakistan also won gold for work supporting a social change initiative. Its 'Bridal Uniform' campaign hijacked the country's largest bridalwear fashion show, merging schoolgirl uniforms in its designs to push for changes from saw UN Women Pakistan around the issue of child marriage.
China took both remaining golds. McCann Worldgroup China's 'Everyone is an Amazing Book' campaign won in its effort to revive the Chinese people's love of reading. It also won the Customer Journey Special Award for Amazon Prime Reading. Meanwhile, Mindshare China's results-prediction algorithm 'Colonel KI', for fast-food brand KFC, also won gold. It was placed in livestreams to deepen its connection to gamers and e-sports in China, winning the Early Adopter Special Award.
Here's the full list of winners for the Warc Prize for Asian Strategy 2019:
- Bridal Uniform · UN Women Pakistan · BBDO Pakistan · Pakistan
- Project Free Period · Stayfree · Johnson & Johnson Pvt Ltd · DDB Mudra Group · India
- Everyone is an Amazing Book · Amazon Prime Reading · Amazon China · McCann Worldgroup China · China + Customer Journey Special Award
- Colonel KI · KFC · Yum China · Mindshare China · China + Early Adopter Special Award
- The best gift for your child is a retirement plan for yourself · Income · NTUC Income· BBH Asia Pacific · Singapore
- Truck Art Childfinder · Berger Paints · BBDO Pakistan · Pakistan + Local Hero Special Award
- Break in case of life's little emergencies · KitKat · Nestlé · McCann Worldgroup Philippines · Philippines
- The world's longest drive-through furniture catalogue · IKEA · McCann Worldgroup India · India
- Mother's Love Express · illume · Wyeth · Ogilvy Taiwan · Taiwan
- Anything is better with KFC Golden Egg Crunch · KFC · QSR Stores Sdn Bhd · Ensemble Worldwide, Universal McCann · Malaysia
- Faces of the City · Coca-Cola · The Coca-Cola Company · McCann-Erickson Guangming Ltd Shanghai · China
- St Patrick's Day · Guinness · Diageo · iris Singapore · Singapore
- Blink to Speak · Asha Ek Hope · NeuroGen Brain and Spine Institute · TBWA\ India · India
- Truck Aasana · Castrol CRB · Castrol · Ogilvy · India + Category Disruptor Special Award
- When family planning had a better plan · Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation · McCann Worldgroup India · India
- Reinventing the Sneakerdrop · Nike · Mindshare China · China
- Bodybuilder · Pond's Men · Unilever · Ogilvy Singapore · Indonesia + Research Excellence Special Award
- Suede Gully · Puma · Puma Sports India Pvt Ltd · DDB Mudra Group · India
The prizes were judged by a panel of 25 agency- and client-side experts, chaired by Frederique Covington, senior vice president and head of marketing and cross border in Asia Pacific for Visa.
More information on the winners of the Warc Prize for Asian Strategy 2019 can be found here.