So far, the website has identified the following phone models as at risk EVO 4G, EVO 3D and Thunderbolt.
According to the report, apps on affected devices have the potential to send sensitive data such as lists of user accounts, last known network and GPS locations and phone numbers from the phone log.
Android Police said it contacted HTC with the issue on 24 September, waited five full days for a response...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events