This year’s Alibaba Singles’ Day celebration proved that a live-streamer can turn into a mega-influencer that garners the same attention as a top idol. Starting his career as an online lipstick salesperson on Taobao, Li Jiaqi has since become one of the most recognized internet celebrities in China. His overnight explosion in popularity is shedding light on the unique influencer phenomenon that’s been birthed by China’s highly-competitive e-commerce and social media platforms.
Idols were always...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events