TAIWAN FOOD SAFETY SCANDALS
In 2011, multiple food safety incidents plagued Taiwan when many large processed food companies were found to have included plasticisers in their products to replace palm oil. The incidents sparked a wave of bans across the globe where major supermarkets removed a number of Taiwanese products such as tea, tofu, noodles, and cooking oil from shelves.
Fast forward eight years, trust among consumers has gradually...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events