As Joseph Schooling touched down in Singapore to be mobbed by hundreds of fans following his historic gold medal in the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, brands have been almost as quick as the butterfly swimming champion to make the most of what is a perfect marketing opportunity.
Singapore Changi airport itself was among the first to celebrate the 21-year-old’s stellar achievement, posting a mocked-up arrivals board on Facebook showing Schooling’s Olympic record-breaking time....
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events