Police in Powai, a neighbourhood in northeast Mumbai, have arrested a 27-year-old man named Utkarsh Mehta, whose IP internet protocol address was reportedly a match for the source of social-media posts and emails that named Sudarshan Banerjee, founder of the ad agency Utopeia Communicationz, in sexual harassment claims.
According to the newspaper DNA India, Mehta said during the investigation that he created fake accounts under the names of his friends, women who were...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events