Research material and images courtesy IPG MediaLab
Already we have seen Facebook’s $19 billion purchase of WhatsApp that solidified 2014 as a breakthrough year for messaging apps. In addition to Facebook’s WhatsApp purchase, Rakuten acquired Viber for $900 million a relative bargain and South Korea’s KakaoTalk is getting ready for a $2 billion IPO.
The leading messaging apps are engaged in an all-out arms race for user...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events