According to a report from IHS Markit, mobile-messaging apps achieved a combined user base of 6.1 billion monthly active users by the end of 2017.
The research outfit reports that as the market matures, the overall growth rate is slowing, and smaller players are struggling to increase their user bases. Facebook and Tencent together accounted for 75 percent of monthly active users in the fourth quarter of 2017.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events