Kantar’s new majority owner has promised to invest and make acquisitions following its deal to buy 60% of the research business from WPP.
Eric Salama, chief executive of Kantar, who is staying at the business, said the new owner, private-equity firm Bain Capital, will be able to invest more in technology, people and acquisitions than if WPP kept 100% of the company.
Luca Bassi, a managing director at Bain, said there...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events