WPP has agreed to sell a majority stake of its market research company Kantar to private equity firm Bain Capital.
The agency holding group confirmed Friday 12 July it has reached an agreement to sell 60% of the company to Bain, as part of chief executive Mark Read's strategy to reduce debt and simplify the structure of the group.
The investment values Kantar at US$4 billion. Proceeds to WPP on completion...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events