Dogs come to resemble their owners, or so the saying goes. In Japan, the human population is greying, with a record 29 million of the island nation’s 128 million citizens now over the age of 65, and with a life expectancy of 86.1 for females and 79.3 for males.
Likewise, more than half of Japan’s dog and cats are older than seven years, and roughly 30 per cent are past the 10-year mark.
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events