GlaxoSmithKline significantly increased its advertising spend in online media last year because it is delivering a far higher return than traditional TV.
The pharmaceuticals giant told shareholders it has been investing in digital and ecommerce capabilities and saw a 74% increase in digital media impressions from the same investment, thanks to a partnership with Google.
GSK, owner of brands such as Panadol, Sensodyne, Corsodyl and Voltarol, spent 1.38...
- Campaign Asia-Pacific online premium content* including in-depth monthly focus on key trends and industry issues
- Unlimited website access*, and an archive of more than 70,000 articles
- Regular value-added supplements including brand health checks, sector studies, ad critiques and research charts
- Daily newsletters and breaking story alerts straight to your inbox
- New weekly feature articles on the latest research, innovation and marketing trends
- Be the first to hear about industry events